This meeting could be subtitled "Everything you wanted to know about yarn - but were afraid to ask". This month Carol will lead us through a variety of hands-on activities that take us from raw fiber to finished yarn. You'll learn ways to identify mystery yarns and new ways to estimate project yarn requirements. You'll find the answers to such questions as "Are all crochet threads equal? (no, they are not!) and "Does twist matter?" (yes, it does!) There will be handouts galore and over fifty (50!) examples of different fibers and yarn characteristics.
This is what you need for this meeting:
- Ruler (a measuring tape will not work)
- One-yard samples of several worsted weight yarns
- Tapestry needle (any size will do—you’ll use it to pick apart yarns)
- Although you’ll receive a whole bunch of handouts, you’ll probably want to take some notes.
- A magnifying glass would be helpful.