You can drop in for any length of time during this slot - all we ask if that you use the time to work a community project. Our three main projects are listed below, but we're always open to suggestions about other service organizations that could use crocheted items.
- Warm Up America - make 7 x 9 blocks used to create blankets and afghans to homeless and needy persons nationwide
- Harriet Tubman - make hats, scarves, or mittens for those who seek refuge in this local shelter
- Mother Bear Project - make toys to comfort children affected by HIV/AIDS in developing countries
- A skein of smooth worsted weight yarn - a machine-washable material such as 100% acrylic is best
- A suitable sized hook (for most people this will be an I9 or J10)
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
We hope to see you there!