This meeting will be like other workshops we've had in the past - we'll give a brief preview of each skill area for everyone. Then we'll split into separate tables for each skill area so you can try your hand at any or all skills that interest you. The skill areas this time will be:
- Tools for winding and managing your yarn. We'll have several types of swifts and ball-winders on hand plus we'll also show you how to wind your own by hand.
- Tricks for joining yarn. We'll have information and demonstrations about several methods for joining yarn with a chance for you to practice.
- And maybe the most important tool of all, crochet hooks. There's a seemingly endless variety of materials, styles, and sizes. You'll get a chance to practice with hooks other than your "normal" one and compare the result.
The meeting will be Saturday, March 14 at the Textile Center of Minnesota, 3000 University Ave SE, with the following schedule:
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Open Crochet
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Announcements and Show n Tell
- 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Crochet Education
To get the most out of this meeting you'll need to bring:
- Practice yarn for winding, joining, or trying new hooks
- You're also welcome to bring any tools and ideas that you'd like to share with others