First, you'll get a chance to learn more about our "parent" organization, CGOA (Crochet Guild of America) from a panel of our members. They'll give a brief talk about the Crochet Master's program, the CGOA "Chain Link" conference, and benefits of CGOA membership.
After the panel discussion, you'll get to try your hand at Freeform Crochet - a technique that allows you to play with your yarn and hook and make items like these pictured. We'll have samples and photos to inspire you - as well as some exercises to bring out the creativity in everyone!
The meeting will be Saturday, July 11 at the Textile Center of Minnesota, 3000 University Ave SE, with the following schedule:
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Open Crochet
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Announcements and Show n Tell
- 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Crochet Education (CGOA Forum & Freeform)
To get the most out of this meeting you'll need to bring:
- Two or three different types or colors of yarn; small amounts (an ounce or two) work fine - freeform is the perfect stash-buster type of activity!
- Appropriate hooks for the yarn
If you're new to Crochet Twin Cities, you can join us by downloading our membership form and bringing the amount shown on the form to the meeting or you can pay the non-member fee of $5 for attending one meeting.
Freeform is a technique for all skill levels. We'd like to extend a special welcome to beginners and ask that you identify yourself at check-in so that we can pair you with a more experienced crochet buddy to assist if needed.
We hope you can join us!