Ravelry is “a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration”. It’s an awesome way for you to keep notes about your projects, check out what others are making, find the perfect pattern (free and paid patterns) and connect with people from all over the world who love to play with yarn.
For our March education activity, we’ll have 4 tables with leaders who will provide information on the following topics:
- Basic Overview: signing up, profile, quick tour
- Organizing: library, favorites, remember & compare
- Searching: for patterns (with yarn, color, inspiration), for designers
- Project pages: adding projects and looking at other people’s projects
The meeting will be held Saturday, March 11th, at the Textile Center, 3000 University Ave SE, with the following schedule:
- 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM - Open Crochet
- 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM - Announcements and Show and Tell
- 12:15 PM to 1:00 PM - Education Session
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM – Open Crochet
If you have a tablet or smartphone, bring it a long in case you want to take a look from your own device.
If you're new to Crochet Twin Cities, you can join us by downloading our membership form and bringing the amount shown on the form to the meeting, or you can pay the non-member fee of $5 for attending one meeting. New members/visitors are encouraged to arrive between 10:30 and 11 a.m.