At this month's meeting, you'll learn how to apply what you learned about flat circle construction in our February meeting to the making of beautiful and useful hats. You'll get special tips on sizing hats to fit a range of sizes from babies to adults. Not only will you learn the basics, but you'll walk away with creative ideas for embellishing hats to give them your own unique touch.
The meeting will be held Saturday, May 12, at the Textile Center, with the following schedule:
10 to 11 a.m. - Open crochet
11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Announcements, show and tell
12 to 1 p.m. - Education
1 to 2 p.m. - Open crochet
To get the most out of this meeting, please bring:
- A printed or electronic copy of the handout. (Members: See the May email newsletter for the PDF; we'll also have a few extra printed copies at the meeting.)
- If you missed the February meeting or need a review of flat circle construction, you may want to bring a copy of the circle handout (see link in the May newsletter).
- A 2 oz or more ball/ skein of yarn in your preferred weight. If you're a beginner, we suggest worsted weight in a light to medium color. You're welcome to bring multiple colors and types of yarn for experimenting.
- Corresponding size hook for your yarn.
- Tapestry needle and scissors.
Monthly meetings are free for CTC members, $5 for guests.