While you may think of this technique as something that can only be done with fine crochet thread, at this month's meeting you'll learn the basics of Bruges crochet and see how it can be used with any yarn weight to create fun and fashionable hats, scarfs, shawls and clothing.
The meeting will be held Saturday, June 8, at the Textile Center, with the following schedule:
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. - Open crochet
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Introductions and business
- 11 to 11:45 a.m. - Show and tell
- 11:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Break
- 12 to 1 p.m. - Crochet education
- 1 to 2 p.m. - Open crochet & committee meetings
To get the most out of the meeting, please bring:
- A printed or electronic copy of the class handout. (Members: See the June email newsletter for the PDF.)
- Approximately 2 ounces of yarn in your preferred weight (to create sample swatches).
- Appropriate size hook for your yarn and a hook one size smaller.
- Tapestry needle, scissors, and stitch markers.