At this month's meeting, we'll explore three of these variations: Foundation stitches (yellow swatch in photo to right), linked stitches (pink swatch) and extended stitches (purple swatch). (Teal swatch is plain ol' double crochet.)
You'll get a chance to see samples of each variation, learn about how they can be used, and try your hand at any or all of these techniques.
The meeting will be held Saturday, Nov. 9, at the Textile Center, with the following schedule:
- 10:00 to 10:30 - Open crochet
- 10:30 to 11:00 - Introductions and business
- 11:00 to 11:45 - Show and tell
- 11:45 to 12:00 - Break
- 12:00 to 1:00 - Crochet Education
- 1:00 to 2:00 - Open crochet/committee meetings (Education Committee)
To get the most out of the meeting, please bring:
- A printed or electronic copy of the handout. (Members: See the November email newsletter for the PDF.)
- Approximately 2 or 3 ounces of yarn in your preferred weight.
- Appropriate size hook for your yarn.
- Tapestry needle, scissors and stitch markers.
Monthly meetings are free for CTC members, $5 for guests.
Traffic Note: UMN Gopher Game on Nov. 9
The Gopher football game starts at 11 a.m., and may affect parking and traffic around the Textile Center. Consider carpooling or public transportation (Metro Transit).