It isn’t too late to sign up for the September retreat. Just email ctclist for a registration form. The more people we have sign up, the cheaper it will be to attend; we have a single fee for the facility and will divide the cost equally among attendees. Think of it as a big girls’ pajama party complete with crochet. Sounds like a good time to me.
Some things to remember when crocheting with wire:
- Thread all your beads on the wire before beginning.
- Most patterns call for 28 gauge wire, which is not readily available in chain craft stores.
- The heat from your hands can make the wire more supple as you work.
- When doing hairpin, thread beads in reverse order of the pattern layout (last on, first off).
- If your stitches are a bit uneven, you can use pliers to tweak them into shape.
- The finished project can stretch a bit, but the wire itself can break if kinked or overworked.
Our next meeting will be the September 8th Expo.