Other store offerings include:
- Yarns from Phildar, Schachenmayr, Rico and their house brand, Master Knit.
- A selection of alpaca, cashmere and other fine fibers.
- High-quality acrylic yarns.
- Knitters Pride, and Clover Amour and Soft Touch crochet hooks in a large range of sizes, including steel hooks.
- Shawl pins, stitch markers and a variety of other accessories.
Some personal favorites include Zpagetti T-shirt yarn and Ricorumi, a 100% cotton DK yarn that comes in an adorable 25-gram skein and 60 different colors – perfect for your next amigurumi project.
As the name implies, this store is crochet-friendly. The owners, a husband and wife team, opened their first store in Mexico in 2004. After adding another 21 stores throughout their native country, the Mall of America launch is their first store in the U.S.
To celebrate the grand opening, they’re offering discounts and a free gift with purchase now through Friday, Aug. 31. And, the owners have graciously offered to give CTC members a permanent discount for in-store purchases! We’ll provide more information at an upcoming meeting and in the newsletter.
In the meantime, you can visit the Knit & Crochet Store:
- At the Mall of America: 3rd floor on the west side (across from Nordstrom Rack)
- On Facebook: facebook.com/knitcrochetstores
- At their online shop: crochetstores.com