crochet, that perception has now been challenged by today’s designers. And challenged with a vengeance because there are actually multiple types of entrelac crochet! At this month's meeting, we'll build on the skills learned last month by giving everyone a chance to learn about and practice entrelac crochet using the Tunisian simple stitch.
The meeting will be Saturday, Feb 14 2015 at the Textile Center of Minnesota, 3000 University Ave SE, with the following schedule:
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Open Crochet
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Show n Tell and Business
- 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Crochet Education
- Two different colors of your favorite weight yarn - and ounce or two of each will be plenty. Light to medium solid colors are always best when learning a new technique - it's best to steer clear of dark solids and multi-colored yarns.
- A hook that's two to four sizes larger than you'd normally use for this yarn; Tunisian, by its nature, makes a tighter fabric so larger hooks are required. A Tunisian hook is not required; you'll never have more than seven stitches on your hook at any time so you can use a regular hook (one without a thumb rest works best) if you do not have a Tunisian hook.
We hope you can join us!