Thursday, December 29, 2022

Crochet more in 2023

Every year at this time, I make a few resolutions for the New Year.  Eat healthier, exercise more, procrastinate less, budget better, I bet you know them all.  But a few years back, I started wondering why they were all so BORING?  I began soul searching for resolutions with a little more fun in mind.

My first crochet resolution was to meet goals for charity giving.  My employer makes this easy, I have VPTO to use to crochet for various local charities.   That same employer gave me a second crochet goal - if I completed a certain number of volunteer hours outside of VPTO, they would make a matching cash donation for my in-kind contribution.   This was TOO easy!  I met my goals and have continued to meet those goals every year since. 

I have added new goals each year, joining Crochet-a-Longs, learning new techniques and stretching my crochet skills.  It's still too easy.  Crochet Twin Cities helps me with many of these goals. I have 2 goals this year.  My first goal is to make a certain cardigan from a pattern I purchased on Ravelry.  The catch is that the pattern is in Polish, but it does include charts. Now, I just need to learn how to read a chart. CTC has my back as our January 14 meeting is a class on understanding crochet charts by Edie Eckman.  This is a zoom session and only paid members will receive an invite.   My second goal this year is to make a CAL temperature snake for 2023.   It's like a temperature blanket or scarf, only in amigurumi snake form.  I've heard rumors that amigurumi may be covered at the February meeting.  It seems that CTC frequently has my back.

What crochet resolutions (goals) do you have that CTC could help you reach?  Join us at a meeting or meet up to find out!

Theresa, 2023 CTC President