Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A Tale of Two (S)Hops* Part 1

On Friday, April 14, I'm waiting for Gloria to pick me up at 9:10am and going crazy (No, Gloria wasn't late, I was just impatient)!   I double checked my preparations, and then double checked the double-checking.  The day was so sunny and beautiful, I'm not even bringing a jacket.  When my phone started ringing, my heart stuttered - was this going to be bad news, maybe something that would stop the hop?  Whew, nope!  It was an awesome surprise, Ann, was able to join us at the last minute, and wanted to confirm the meeting location.  Now there will be four, oops, make that five, (you'll see Angie, the Anglerfish, in a lot of the pictures) of us hopping together.

Angie, Ann, Gloria, Brenda and I left for Amazing Threads (Yarn Store & Knitting Supplies from Amazing Threads in Maple Grove, Minneapolis, MN (amazing-threads.com) from our meeting spot in Edina. Amazing Threads may have been the best starting point. We arrived as the store opened and the bubble machine at the door added to the festive feel of the day.  Amazing Threads commissioned a pretty blue yarn, Caribbean Waves, and the crochet pattern is for High Tide Texting gloves.  There's a great selection of yarns, lots of bags, books and accessories, as well as a pretty good sale area upstairs; you won't want to miss it if you stop by. 

We couldn't resist a chance to take a silly picture at the fun photo station set up in the back of the store. Those of us attending both days and planning on visiting all 12 shops received the first stamp on our passports and picked up our stitch markers.  The four of us picked up the information to download our free patterns, dropped off our drawing slips, gathered our purchases and headed to Minneapolis, satisfied with our first stop on the trip.   Ask Brenda to show off the cute new bag she picked up next time you see her.
In Minneapolis, our first stop was Knit & Bolt — Fine Yarn, Fun Fabric – Knit and Bolt.   They had a very cool window display; unfortunately, the brightness of the day made it hard to get a good picture, but you can kinda see the underwater scene with the mermaid through the reflections. The theme carried through inside the store right down to the jelly fish earrings on the cashier who took a shine to Angie (she's really a show-stealer, everyone loves her).  You can see additional picture of their decor on the Knit & Bolt Facebook page. 
The colorway from Knit & Bolt is Mermaids! dyed by Fiber MacGyver, and the crochet pattern is the Reef Scarf.  The shop was fun to visit with a good selection of yarn, accessories, and some other fun items. Knit & Bolt is advertising a Craft & Cruise event in August, check out their website for details; it sounds like a fun event!   
It's taken me way too long to get this first part out, and I only covered the first two shops. I'll work on getting the rest out as soon as I am able, but, well, people keep expecting me to do my job, take care of my family and all kinds of stuff that's not nearly as much fun as thinking about the #minnesotayarnshophop!
*I had originally planned to post once about Friday & once about Saturday, so it was 2 Hops, but since I only covered the first 2 stores, it became 2 (S)Hops.