Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Getting to know Megan

In the upcoming blogs,  I'll be introducing some of our newer members, board and eventually, our whole member list.  Now if you just can't wait to meet everyone, there was a "meet our members" series in 2014, so you could scroll through the archives to find out what some of our long-term members were doing 10 years ago.   *For that matter, we have blogs going back August 2010, if you are interested in history...
Fall colors look good on Megan!
Megan joined Crochet Twin Cities Memorial Day weekend at the HarMar meetup. I was elated to see her at the June cruise, just a couple of weeks later. If you haven't met her yet, look for her at our meetings and the State Fair where she'll be demonstrating in the Creative Arts building with our group.  Megan sent in an introduction in her own words: 
I'm Megan!
I became interested in crocheting because of my stepmom. When I was a kid, she crocheted a beautiful blanket for me. Growing up, she would plan creative activities for me, and my siblings and she is the one who really fostered a love for crafts in me.
I am self-taught and have been crocheting on and off since high school and have really been dedicating more time to it for the last few years.
My favorite stitches are a moss stitch and the drunken granny stitch. I have made one amigurumi bear and really want to dive deeper into amigurumi!
I also love to bake, knit, create pottery, go hiking and camping, and have three cats with my partner named Gigi, Eau Claire, and Oshkosh.
Feel free to connect with me (MegGellin) on Ravelry!
Megan is quite an accomplished crocheter!
Megan has me quite intrigued with the drunken granny stitch, and I have questions about her Wisconsin connection.  I hope you will join me in welcoming Megan to CTC.     

Our August meeting will be held at the Wescott Library in Eagan (part of the Dakota County Library system), you can find the address on their website: Wescott Library (Eagan) | Dakota County.  It'll be a fairly casual meeting focused on making name tags, show and tell and social time, with just a smattering of business (mainly reminders about upcoming events).  I hope to see you all there!